Friday 2 September 2011

Purls by the Sea

Recently I took my first trip up to the plot of land my parents have brought in Overstrand, Norfolk. Like any untended land it was pretty overgrown  and according to the neighbours even had deer living in it. Mother told us to dress for the rain, so I felt it was the perfect occasion for my jungle, acid house shell suit jacket. 


One of the reasons for going up to Overstrand was to see the Belfry Arts Centre, which was having a small knitting exhibition called 'Purls by the Sea'. Free to enter and with a nice atmosphere it hosted some really unique knits and crochets. One of the most interesting exhibits was of hanging jumpers, each with a different design and technique. The tags on the jumpers said North Shaw, however I cannot seem to find any links online to the artist. I think seeing work 'exhibited' opens your eyes to knitting as an art form, I do feel my course has sucked dry my inspiration and changed how I see the world however when I knit I do feel like me again. You can submit pieces to the centre for their forth coming show which I may start doing today, as the date is pretty soon. 








As the drive was ever so long I was knitting and knitting and knitting and managed to get another row of unicorns completed. The tension is a lot better than the first row because I twisted the wool slightly differently. I can't wait for it to be done so I can put the pattern up on some websites! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Louise,
    that exhibition looked great, the unicorns you have knitted are so cute and clever. I'm aiming to somehow do something like this in crochet sometime soon :)
    sounds like me on a long trip as I'm always in the car crocheting
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

The Etsy Awards - One Year On

I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I won the Etsy Awards. Time has flown by and my small business has grown so much. Winning th...