Previous Work






As I am currently working on a beauty project I thought it would be a good idea to explain my previous projects and my work has been developing. 

In my second year I made this work, called Strawberry Meringue, which looked at 1960s film and the make up styles used in each ones. I picked different films through the decade, such as Barberella and The Graduate, and projected a make up idea on to each image. This was the first vintage project I had done for uni. During the summer I had made a good connection with a local vintage shop in Chelmsford, so I was able to borrow the clothing from the shoot from there, as well as the backgrounds. It was a learning experience for me with the retouching. And there was a class debate with them over if they were over retouched. I do want to improve on the retouching for this project, as it is something I struggle to keep natural. I wanted to show evidence of my previous work and how I do like to work in a vintage style. I think it will be interesting to see how my style will develop with this project. I want to create something much more contemporary, as I am interested in using pastel colours and of course, the knitted hair pieces.

Louise Walker

Louise Walker is an award winning knitting pattern and kit designer based in South London.

No comments:

Post a Comment