Pastels

I really love the pastel trend at the moment, and felt from my test shoot with Faith that I needed to do something more light hearted and quirky. As I will be casting interesting looking models I felt that doing something quite soft with my colours would work really well. I have found some pastel examples that I can draw inspiration from with my work.

Sharif Hamza - Passion for Pastel

I think this series is so beautiful and interesting, the colour palette is amazing. I really love the soft pinks and how they relate through the whole of the image. It is really simple, but works.



Ina Jang


Finding Ina Jang's work on Trendland was a bit of a surprise. The photographer takes the images, and then makes strange collages from them. I think they are really interesting, and I can't really comprehend how she makes them. I was really interested in the pastel backgrounds, they are really soft colours, contrasting the colours in the image. 


Material Girl - Xanthe Hutchinson


I thought these images were a different take on the pastel look for this season. They are much more grunge inspired, with the prints quite bold and busy. I like the purple in the hair on the second image. 


I Want Candy 




Images from I Want Candy, from Elle Netherlands. I love the colours in this, the make up is really dramatic and the styling is incredible. It makes me question how far I want to push the make up with my images. How far is too far with the knitted hair pieces? 

Louise Walker

Louise Walker is an award winning knitting pattern and kit designer based in South London.

No comments:

Post a Comment