Tuesday 16 February 2010

Juergen Teller



Juergen Tellers work really interests me, with my current work I feel more interested in pretty girls in pretty clothes and the images I produce will not capture the true person I photograph. I recently wrote an essay for uni on "What makes a good portrait" which made me think a lot about who I photograph. As I develop in my course I find I do want to produce fashion images and that makes me feel shallow and that I should be taking photographs of true people. I like some of Tellers work but others of it I cant stand to look at, but then because of that initial wince from them I find myself becoming more interested in them. This photograph of a Courtney Love is one I absolutely hated when I first saw it, but then I looked past how the image 'looked' and realized it shows something that I hadn't quite understood yet. Teller captures her as a person not a mannequin.

I wanted to respond to Tellers images, I have always been interested in self portrait so took one as I had these thoughts on his work.








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Etsy Awards - One Year On

I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I won the Etsy Awards. Time has flown by and my small business has grown so much. Winning th...