Sunday 10 February 2013

WHAT I'VE BEEN KNITTING: CHINESE NEW YEAR

Hello! Its been a little while since my last post, since being featured by the Daily Mail it's been a bit of a whirlwind, with emails, interviews and orders. However at the beginning of January I started planning a dragon for Chinese New Year. Last year I went to an amazing night at the SU which had a beautiful lion and fantastic decoration and when deciding what to make this year a dragon was at the top of my list. 

To make the dragon I used some lovely yarns, such as Sidar's baby bamboo for the red, snowflake chunky for the white, and my favourite Twilleys Goldfingering for the gold. I also used white felt for the teeth and white under the body. Here are a couple of photos of him, one against the black and the other where he is now - hanging over the door frame downstairs. Underneath are some images of my test dragons, the first being the initial head I made and the second testing for the pattern for his body. I do have the pattern for him which I will post soon if people are interested in making one for themselves!
  







Anyway, I have been knitting so much lately, which I will be posting about in the forth coming days. I've had a lot of interest in my wigs, and the patterns. So keep watching this space as there may be one appearing on my blog soon.

Happy New Year!

Louise 

xox

4 comments:

  1. I just happended to find your blog, and this was really interresting!! You make funny, but usefull stuff, so I`m gonna follow you ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Austin, Texas. I read about your wig hair hats-- how creative and wonderful. I love your dragon, it is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Louise, i am currently in process of knitting the foxy scarf in Knit Today issue 89. I have a question about possible error. I finished row 386 (a knit row) the last of "work 8 in stocking stitch). The next row is a kfb, but since the pattern is stocking stitch, it seems I should work 9 rows so I finish with a purl row. So...I did that and then went on to work row 387 "Kfb, knit to last stitch, kfb. 32 sts.
    Next row is purl. Repeat last 2 rows once. I now have 34 sts. Row 391 is a repeat of same pattern and says I should have 34 sts., BUT wit the kfb at beg and end of row, I now have 36 sts.
    I have worked hard on this, lots of rows, don't want to mess it up now! Please help me! If there are any other corrections please let me know, I am working on this as a gift and need to get it done. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would VERY much like to obtain this pattern! I need to knit two draft stoppers.

    ReplyDelete

The Etsy Awards - One Year On

I can’t believe it’s been a whole year since I won the Etsy Awards. Time has flown by and my small business has grown so much. Winning th...