Location Ideas

I have been looking at some ideas to shoot for my location, as I am still a little unsure of what to do. There is the option of shooting in the studio, or finding a suitable location to shoot against. I want to concentrate more on the world that my model is in, rather than the setting. I have had a look on 28 days later and found some inspiration for my shoot and potential locations.

Local Places:

Newton Methodist Church in Poole, Images by 'High Voltage'



I like the idea of using a church and relating it back to the religious themes in Les Mis, however this is not particularly interesting. I think I would centre more around the cross?


High Angle Battery - Portland by 'Urban Warrior'





I thought this place could be interesting because it does look very empty, it has the stone work and a strange feel to it. This is something I am really interested in, as I think texture could be an important element in this series.


Church of St. Felix - Norfolk




I am interested in this church because it is in complete ruins, it has the religious link to it, and I also really like the stone work. 


All Saints Church - Berners Roding - Essex




I think going through these websites the best suited for my project could be a religious building? I am still not sure on it, but I do really love this place. But it has been shot without colour so it does make me a little apprehensive about seeing it in full colour. 


Smugglers Cave - Mupe Bay - Dorset






Finally I had a look at a local rural place, Smugglers Cave in Dorset does have a lot of interesting texture, which I am interested in. However I am not sure how it would fit in with my work that well. I think I need to talk it over with my team and see how they feel about it.

Louise Walker

Louise Walker is an award winning knitting pattern and kit designer based in South London.

No comments:

Post a Comment